Tuesday 4 February 2014

Do You Like Sex?

By the end of the day, someone will most certainly point me to texts on the "History of Sexual Repression." As well, there will be messages regarding biblical passages that outline all of the dictates around sexual relations.

Both types of references will be appreciated albeit unnecessary. Why? Well, in my view #Sex - the why's, when's, with whom and where of the act - is totally personal.

Having a moral compass that guides interpersonal relationships is a wonderful if not necessary thing. The question becomes, however, who sets the compass? 

For centuries, sex, sexuality and sensuality have been guided and in fact controlled by the Church. Some blame it on the Catholic faith, others simply lay blame at the feet of men generally.
"Why should we take advice on sex from the pope? If he knows anything about it, he shouldn't!" George Bernard Shaw 
We all do it but somehow it is the #Sexuality and sexual expression of #Women that have been subject to power and control. The sexual exploits of men, while 'scandalous' for those in office in the United States mainly, is quietly seen as a mark of their prowess.

I love sex. I embrace my sexuality in all its expressions and manifestations. My sensuality is what makes me the woman that I am - warm, caring, nurturing and self-assured. Does any of that make me or any woman who feel as I do wanton hussies? Absolutely not.

People go out if their way to make distinctions between having sex and making love. For the most part, I try not to do so because even with the person who has my heart, there are times we 'have sex' and other times when we 'make love'.

What experience, mistakes, age and maturity have taught me is:
  • My sexuality and sensuality are nothing to be ashamed of. 
  • My femininity is to be embraced but not suffocate me 
  • Sex appeal cannot be bought at the designer clothing store, spa or had through wearing Christian Louboutin shoes. 
  • Strutting half naked is way less attractive than showing that I have a brain and know how to use it. 
The most important and valuable of all lessons though is knowing that my body is mine, the temple of the Being that I represent and Who - not the Church or any other human - will guide me how to express its Love. 

So whether having sex or making love, the essence remains the same - the act is a combination of souls seeking to release, channel and share the beauty within. Many in their shortsightedness and soulless lust, often miss this point and instead see the act as a way to control and exert power.

"The overriding message: for many, sexuality is emerging from the realm of guilt and sin and becoming instead a divine blessing and a way to reach new, transcendent heights." Holly Lebowitz Rossi

Share your thoughts with me by leaving a comment, messaging on our Facebook page or send us a tweet.

Have a sexy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment