Friday 14 February 2014

You See: Love Is My Religion

Lying is not my favourite pastime. I do not like to be told lies. Now in my more mature years, I do everything possible not to tell lies. Rather than lie to you, I will remain silent, unresponsive and/or basically just ignore your question.

That is why I will not lie regarding my true feelings about Valentine's Day.

There were two days in the year that held special romantic significance for me - Valentine's Day and New Years Eve. God alone knows why as nothing special or romantic really happened for me on either day!

I got dumped one Valentine's Day, yup on the actual day or better yet night when I was all dressed and ready to be taken out. Guess he found a sweeter Valentine and I was tossed to the curb like the wrapper. That was my first adult experience of Valentine's Day and it went virtually downhill from then on.

New Year's Eve fared better for me over many years, with many enjoyable parties, dinners and formal gatherings. However, it too lost that romantic shine about eight years ago. "Left with a broken heart," shattered would be more accurate, December 31 became the night that I spend quietly and reflectively, contemplating the upcoming year.

Truth is neither Valentine's Day nor New Year's Eve hold any spark for me. V-Day is only significant in the fact that it precedes my birthday. Notwithstanding, I do appreciate and even enjoy watching the anticipation and glee that others have for both.

As such, not to be "left out" this year I decided to turn Valentine's Day into Validation Day. February 14 seems to be the only time you can share and express love freely to people without being suspected of or charged for sexual harassment.

So until 11:59 tonight, I will be like a hippy or an evangelist in the park, spreading the love all over social media. Heaven help me if there is a Facebook or Twitter rule against that sort of dealing! Lol

I love you all and feel free to love me back, if only for today, here on Facebook or Twitter.

Namaste.

Photo Source: quotespictures.com

No comments:

Post a Comment