Monday 3 February 2014

Be Like A Dog

"We don't have to be defined by the things we did or didn't do in our past. Some people allow themselves to be controlled by regret. Maybe it's a regret, maybe it's not. It's merely something that happened. Get over it." Pittacus Lore 
That certainly sounds harsh: "Get over it!" Yet, it is so true.

"No use crying over spilt milk," is another one of those sayings that confounded me in my much younger years. Now, at my wise old age of 40 plus, let us leave it at that, my motto is: "Handle life [stress, challenges] like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, then pee on it and walk away!" 

The amount of pee I have used up in the past few years could fill a swimming pool. 

See, my recently found dog philosophy has had me lifting my 'hind' legs and walking
away from so much drama. Looking back, yes I do look back not to wallow but to learn, had I not been able to do that my life would be much different today.

For sure I would not be writing this blog. They do not permit electronic devices in Canadian prisons or asylums!

The experiences over my life but just in the past eight years were enough to either make me a lunatic or someone's b'tch in a 2x2 cell! My faith in Something bigger than myself and/or any problem that confronts me remove regrets from my thoughts.

Dumped, broke, stranded, ignored, hungry, abandoned were some of the situations I found myself facing. At peace, provided for, lavishly accommodated, improved health and weight management, surrounded by Love are few of the rewards of my mistakes!

There was a time too when I would say that these grace-filled moments came at a high price. Actually, they came at the RIGHT price. These "blessons" costed me some time and some pain but measured against the smiles, the love and the warmth that I experienced while they lasted - it was worth it.

It certainly is not an easy thing to do - pee on situations and even people who helped to cause you grief. The only 'mistake' that I can see, though, would be to allow them to hold you in bondage! That is exactly what having regrets does.

Should you need a demonstration on how to pee on hurt-filled situations, check the nearest tree in your park or hydrant. If it is too cold for the dog-tutors to be out, then email, inbox or tweet me.

Be blessed and empty your bladders!

P.S. We are pleased to announce that The First Gathering of DOS will be held from Sunday, December 14 to Sunday,  December 21, 2014 in Jamaica!  Check our Facebook page for details and reserve your space now!

Photo Source: dawgbusiness.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment