Wednesday 8 October 2014

What Book Will You Read Next? Question #8

For some reason, my reading of books has greatly reduced in the last year.

When I was living in Toronto with little to no friends, books reclaimed my attention as they previously did. With limited funds to spare, each month I would budget a certain amount and visit either Walmart or Chapters/Indigo and make my purchase.

Before leaving Jamaica last year November, I donated most of the books that I had bought and then shipped a couple boxes to my island home. Books are my favourite adornment for my home and now that I have a new place, fortunately I was able to retrieve the ones that a friend had stored for me.

Since the beginning of this year, I have not purchased a book and so today’s question – “What’s the next book will you read?” – had me stumped. It also woke me up that my love of and for books had taken a back seat in the last several months.

That will change. This afternoon, I opened the Goodreads app on my phone and found the BBC Book List Challenge. I was proud of myself as I realised that I have read most, if not all of the classics. As such, I will begin reading books again as of this weekend.

The next book that I will read is – The Little Old Lady WhoBroke All The Rules by Catharina Ingelman-Sundberg.


What will you read next? Share with us here or on our Facebook page and do enjoy your next read.

No comments:

Post a Comment