Thursday 2 October 2014

Question of the Day: Who Did You Hug Today?

Image: pinterest.com
It is almost 5:00 p.m. and I have not come across one person who I would not have to chase them down for a hug!

That is one of the differences with living in Jamaica and living in Canada – people in the latter country are not generally hug-friendly.

Later this evening, I am supposed to be meeting a friend for a quick bite so my thought was I would get one hug in for the day then. That, however, would not be until late evening, well beyond the time that this blog is usually posted.

“If only my daughter would have come by with Kitten instead of the video call earlier on Tango,” I mournfully thought.

Eyes glued to my computer screen as I worked on performance target for my team, I heard a familiar voice saying, “Hello, hello, anybody here?” It was the evening office cleaner but why would she be asking that? She knows at least three or more of us would be here at this time of the evening.

Then I heard the pitter-patter of tiny feet. I swivelled in my chair to see one of the most beautiful child ever! It was the cleaner’s grand-baby and she was rushing to one of my staff to give her a hug!!!

Hardly able to contain myself, I yelped, “Come here sweetheart!” Without missing a step or a beat, this angel rushed over to me and threw her arms around my neck and yes, gave me the tightest hug a three year old can!


Of course as soon as she jumped on my lap, I asked her grandmother whether I could take a picture. So here is my “hug” of the day so far.

Did you hug anyone today? Who was it? Share with us here or on our Facebook page and be sure to visit us thee for tomorrow’s question of the day.


Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment