Tuesday 28 October 2014

Revenge and Romance: What Do They Have in Common?

Question 28:  “What was the last movie you watched?”

Of course I know how to read instructions but going to be a rebel and tell you about the last two movies that I watched.

The second to last movie that I saw was in a cinema, starring my favourite, on most days, male actor – Denzil Washington. The movie was The Equalizer and I have never seen Denzil in a more gruesome and violent role! Leaving the cinema remarked about this to my daughter, who was my movie date – she bought us the tickets, popcorn and drinks – woot, woot!

The story line was a good one, I understand the point of using one’s skills to assist another and in this case, Denzil was a killing machine, a true weapon of mass destruction. Love him to death but this role, fascinating as it was, was not my cup of tea.

This past Sunday, I watched a ‘foreign’ film on Netflix. It was an East Indian production entitled The Lunchbox. I recommended this movie to my Netflix-watching buddy, one of my DOS Sistahs as a human interest story, a tearjerker and one that I was not sure her husband would join her in watching.

Reading today’s Question, No. 28 in our October series and pondering my answer, it struck me that despite the violence of Denzil’s movie and the romance of Lunchbox – they shared common themes – What is the meaning of this life we are called to live?

Have you seen either of these movies?

What was the last movie you watched? Share with us here or on our Facebook page and have a great evening as we are coming to the close of this series.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment