Tuesday 21 October 2014

Question 21: What More Do You Wish...?

Today’s Question is a tricky one – at least for me.

“What do you wish there was more of in the world?”

Apologies for the absence of an article yesterday – my hours in the office were much longer than usual and there was simple not enough time in my day to sit an write one. Maybe that could be my wish – more time in the world?

No, there is enough time – it is a matter of managing what is on one’s plate, clearing some and simply not putting others on it. My response to Question #21 in our October series is “Nothing.”

Maybe when I was numerically younger, immature and did not yet have my particular life experiences, my response would have been that I wish there was more money to go around. It was my view back then that money solved every problem we could imagine. The fallacy in this thought has been proven to me in my own life but more so as I observe, like most of us, how just as or messed up “people with money” lives can be.

Peace? Tolerance? These are all great things! Yet, is it not subjective to think that there is not enough in our world? Would it not be dependent on your perspective, where you live, who you meet and your experiences in any given moment to feel a need for more?

Honestly, I have no pat answer for this question. Why? My “world,” the one that I choose to focus on, has Enough – money, peace, and more than anything else – Love.

I guess my hope would be that “more” of us would see our world as Enough – so need to rob, maim, envy, hate or war against each other for racial, cultural, religious or any other reasons.

I wish for more Enough-ness? Is that a wish? Well, it is mine.

What is your wish? Share with us here or on our Facebook page where you will find all my answers to the daily questions.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment