Wednesday 15 October 2014

Hello! Are You Awake? Day #15

Morning person I am. Very much so and very much unlike my daughter and now my granddaughter.

To answer specifically today's Question: What time did you wake up this morning? I was awake at approximately 6:35.

Hardly ever is it necessary for me to set an alarm. Not even on weekend mornings do I sleep beyond 7:00 a.m. My usual hour of awakening is 3:00 a.m.

That is when Spirit rouses me for quiet conversations.

These early morning talks started many years ago. At first I thought it was merely insomnia, however, days would pass and my sleep pattern was the same. Then, wham! My 3:00 a.m. wake up call would go off.

Image: pinterest.com
When my spiritual journey intensified back in 2002, my life turned upside down, became even more chaotic than it ever was. Yet, from somewhere deep inside me, I knew it was the beginning of my true awakening.

For most of our lives, our feet hit the floor every morning and we get up and get going about our daily routine. We call ourselves awake and are convinced that we are living an awakened life. The contrary could not be more true.

Most are sleepwalking. I did exactly that for 37 years.

My Life alarm went off one day when I looked around and our house was empty save for a couple mattresses on the floor and one car left in the garage awaiting pick up by its new owner.

We had sold off and packed up everything, ready to fly away to our perceived Promise Land - Canada, then all hell broke loose. In Jamaica we have a saying, "when man a plan, God a wipe out." That is exactly how it seemed. Once again, things were not going according to our plans anymore. The proverbial devil had stepped in, at least so it seemed to my then partner who had days earlier received a permanent resident card and, to my shock seemingly ready to fly away without us.

Looking back, it was a challenge to my faith; a question and an alarm for me to wake up. I did, somewhat.

It would be a 12 year rousing but The Divine is patient with sleepyheads.

Image: pinterest.com
Today, October 15, 2014 my daughter's birthday, I physically got up close to 7:00 but spiritually, I have not slept for quite a few months now.

How about you? What time did your feet touch the floor this morning? When did you awaken or are you only sleepwalking?

Share your story with us here or on our Facebook page and stay alert throughout this day! Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment