Wednesday 29 October 2014

Settle For What? Question #29

I love my job; meaning the one that pays my bills. There are other activities that takes way more of my time than my "day job," but those do not pay me a salary of any size. Those are my calling, my service and my purpose.

When I returned to Canada in April of this year, my intention was to settle for any type of work that paid enough to keep a roof over my head, some food in my tummy and, most importantly, allowed me to stash away money to go back to Jamaica this winter.

Settle. That was what I was prepared to do; settle for any job despite my abundance of qualification and experience.

Two things happened - Life and Lia.

I remember praying as another résumé was about to be sent. The advertisement was about to end that weekend and I hesitated to submit my application , thinking that they must have found a suitable candidate by then.

That was Saturday and on the Monday afternoon as I was exiting the car with my daughter to go in for her 3D ultrasound, my phone rang. By the following Wednesday, I assumed my current position - one of the greatest and most fulfilling jobs that I have ever had!

On July 1, Canada Day, Mahalia, Li-Li or Kitten, whichever of her many names you prefer, arrived. My decision was made soon after to resettle in Canada so that I can enjoy this beautiful little girl while I provide service to one of the greatest nonprofit organizations in Edmonton, Alberta.

Love and Service.

That is my response to today's Question, "Are you settling for something?"

What about you? Share with us here or on our Facebook page and have a great rest of the evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment