Thursday 9 October 2014

The Mistake! Day #9

The Mistake of mistakes in my experience was trying to live my daughter’s life.

Well not quite.

Due to all the other mistakes that I had made and had learned from, I wanted so desperately for her not to make the same ones. My words to her were “Go make new ones, no need repeating the same old ones that I made and your grandmother before me!”

She would have none of it and I would not stop trying. Then one day, things just came to an head and we were poles apart. We literally did not speak with each other for months and when we tried to reconcile, it soon blew up in our faces as the control would rear its head. Funny enough, she tried to exert some measure of control on my life as I did to her.

My daughter and I at our Citizenship Ceremony
During that time, with much prayer, reflection, support and guidance of Source through friends/Sistahs, I released her, my desires for her and my fears.

Now she has her own child, a daughter as well, and I am praying that she will learn this lesson much earlier than I did. Either way, things always work out, especially when Love is the present.

That is my answer to today’s Question – “What was THE mistake?”


Share yours here or on our Facebook page and have a great rest of the day – it’s Friday tomorrow, yeah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment