Thursday 23 January 2014

The Three D's

Are you in debt to your eyeballs and about to file bankruptcy, awaiting divorce papers or depressed? Awesome!

No, I am not crazy! What I am is happy for you as a new life is on your horizon, if you are willing to seize it.

The three D's - Debt, Divorce and Depression - are major catalysts of change.

Successful businesses, love-filled and soul-growing relationships and geniuses have been the offsprings of these three. Think I have been smoking crack with Toronto's Mayor Rob Ford? Well check these facts:
  • Simon Cowell, the former American Idol judge we all loved to hate went bankrupt before building his entertainment empire: "Despite living a luxurious lifestyle, things have not always come easy to Cowell, who filed for bankruptcy twice in the 1980s while trying to launch independent music companies. 'I was 30 years old and I literally had the equivalent of six dollars in my pocket… so I had to go back and live with my mum and dad. 'It was pretty awful at the time, but now I'm glad I went through it because I now know the value of money… it was a lesson learned.' In June, Forbes Magazine listed Cowell's annual earnings at 95 million dollars, placing him tied for first with Howard Stern on their annual list of highest-earning television.'"  Source: http://www.ctv.ca/XFactor/article/X-Factors-Simon-Cowell-talks-bankruptcy-and-babies-on-the-Tonight-Show
  • Rebecca Lammersen is the founder of Yogalution, a donation based yoga studio in Scottsdale, AZ. This successful business woman and contributor to the Huffington Post is divorced. In a 2013 article in that publication she wrote: "Three years ago, at the age of 31, I separated from my husband and divorced. Thus far, it ranks as the most frightening decision of my life and coincidentally, the one that set me free." Read more: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rebecca-lammersen/love-after-divorce_b_4023029.html
  • "It’s no secret that the fairy tale that began with Diana Spencer’s wedding to Prince Charles in 1981 ended tragically. The princess openly spoke about the depression she felt following their separation and divorce. During a tell-all interview with the BBC in 1995, however, she revealed shocking details of postpartum depression, bulimia, and self-inflicted injuries. 'When no one listens to you, or you feel no one’s listening to you, all sorts of things start to happen,' she said. 'You have so much pain inside yourself that you try and hurt yourself on the outside because you want help, but it’s the wrong help you’re asking for… I didn’t like myself; I was ashamed because I couldn’t cope with the pressures.' Diana said she went through 'diverse treatments' to restore her mental health, and went on to become a noted humanitarian before her sudden death in a 1997 automobile accident in Paris. Source: http://www.ivillage.com/princess-diana-celebrities-and-depression/4-b-230295 
Well known and not so well known people, as well as totally obscure people like you and I, go through debt problems, divorce and depression and come out at the other end to start afresh. None of these situations and/or conditions, even when they all happen simultaneously or one as a result of the other, has to mean "it's over." It can most certainly feel that way but with the help and support of professionals, family and friends you can not only survive but thrive.
"The end of a relationship is not always a failure. Sometimes all the love in the world is not enough to save something. In these cases, it is not a matter of fault from either person. Some things cannot be, it's as simple as that." Ashly Lorenzana
If you or someone you love is facing any or all of these challenges, there are many resources available to you and them. Should you need some direction or encouragement, feel free to email me, post a comment here or on our Facebook page or on Twitter.

Remember, it is not over until the fat lady sings - and I have lost the weight! Lol

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment