Sunday 12 January 2014

Sunday Comfort

Sundays, like Christmas, are my favourite days and time of the year. A warm, satiny peace naturally envelopes me as my eyes open on a Sunday morning.

The first day of the week is my 'comfort' day. Special breakfast is made and since being single it is usually had in bed. A cat has nothing over me when it comes to gliding and sauntering around the house most of the day. Whatever chores there are, they are unhurriedly and gracefully, yes gracefully, completed. That might account for why my Sunday dinners are the most tasty as they are prepared with ease and a serious infusion of love.

Comfortable would best describe me on a Sunday. It took me years, many a slips, falls, nosedives to be at peace with myself and at comfort with Claudette.  More time is spent now pampering myself in whichever manner that provides the greatest comfort. The self-care measures that were once a daily necessity are now a rarity.

What is the difference? Comforting, in my case, is doing things to sooth me back to my "zen." I am not big on sitting crosslegged in meditation but after a long day, a challenging or energy-draining conversation with a would-be antagonist or an unwanted telephone call, taking a long shower is my pacifier.

A solitary walk on a beach or a tree-lined avenue, sipping a warm cup of Milo looking out my window or treating myself to an unscheduled day at a spa are all "comforters" for me.

Seldom are the days now when I need to go into retail therapy, drinking more than my one-glass tolerance level or eating to near explosion. Those were the days, months, even years when my awareness of who and whose I am was virtually non-existent. Care was what I needed and sadly had no idea how to either give it to myself or how to ask for help.

Throughout this week, this will be the overarching theme of our posts - "Living and Being in Awareness of Self and World." Here, on our page at www.facebook.com/daughtersofsheba, as well as on Twitter @DOSFoundation our articles, posts and tweets will highlight self-awareness, emotional intelligence and generally being aligned with Yourself.

Subscribe to our blog, leave a comment, like us on Facebook and/or follow us on Twitter and let us continue to grow together.  Have a bliss-filled day and week! Namaste
Photo Source: russianblackwork.blogspot. com

No comments:

Post a Comment