Tuesday 28 April 2015

A Sexy New World Is Emerging! Yippee!

What is your problem with sex?


Yes, you.


Just about everyone seems to have a problem with sex, even those "doing it," or "having it," constantly. Myself included.


My problem, my current problem, with sex is that I am not getting enough.


Shocked? Do not be.


At 50 years of age, legally married and divorced couple times in the eyes of society, lived and loved in a same sex relationship for 16 years prude, I am not. Highly comfortable now with my sexuality, there is no qualm or fear in me to declare that my sex life sucks right now.


Otherwise, I have no problem with sex. It is not a sin once three provisos that I mentioned in an essay back in September 23, 2014 are met. If not, then it can be a mistake:

  1. With the wrong person
  2. When participated in at an inopportune time
  3. Engaged in exchange for financial or other material benefit
To be in touch with one's sexuality, to be honest about it and who you are sexually can be the most scary venture in a world rammed into a sex-containment bunker by the Church and organised religion in general. Bruce Jenner, is proving that as the new poster boy turning woman of my beloved transgendering community.


Digressing just a bit. Years ago, I had a huge crush on a "transgendering" man. (Forgive me if I am not current with the correct terms - my love is real though). We never got beyond sitting beside each other at a seminar then having lunch together in - of all the places - a church hall! This was no ordinary church. I was a guest presenter at a diversity forum held at a United Church of Canada gathering in Saskatchewan.


As we move into this new age, evolving with The Universe, that is what it will take - no ordinary:
  • Faith
  • Trust
  • People
to ensure that our deepest, most meaningful expression of love is unleashed and unfettered.


Surviving childhood sexual abuse and rape as I have, I know what a challenge it is to find one's true sensual voice. Mine was suffocated and covered, literally and figuratively, for years as those who would have their way with my body sought to silence my screams and protest.


The stifling continued for decades, as my sense of who I am - a sexual being - was barred behind the memories of the violation and my mother's idea of who a woman should be in relating with men.


Only in my 40's the true me started to emerge, after the agonising memories faded, the heartbreak of losing my best friend and lover eased and I finally was able to step into the allness of my femininity and sexuality.


My daughter and I today can have the most casual but deep woman-to-woman conversations about sex and sexuality. This is a gift that has arrived not one minute too soon. I am sure there are thousands if not millions of young people grappling with their sexuality in all its expressions who would greatly benefit from open conversations.


It is my view, as a woman with a past imagining a very different future for all, that the sooner the lesser known, the ordinary Bruce Jenners, Ellen DeGeneres, Samantha Jones, Jason Collins, et al can claim their right to be without fanfare or threat of death, annihilation or isolation - the closer to the most beautiful garden our world will be - varied, diverse, rich in colour and texture. Beautiful!


In the meanwhile, I am here to listen to you should you need unprofessional but caring support as you seek to embrace your sexuality and express yourself sexually. Comment here or private message me through email or Facebook.


Be blessed, be you - beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment