Thursday 30 April 2015

Press The Play Button On Your Life!

Few things you should know about me:
  • I do not care too much what other people think about me.
  • My life is lived on my terms, I set my own pace, tastes and agenda.
  • No one, no matter how important they think they are for whatever reason, tells me what to do.
  • Drama, complications and other people's business do not interest or engage my attention.
  • I love hard, deeply, wastefully and easily but can walk away from anyone or anything in like manner.

After 50 years of learning, the "play" button on my life is permanently pressed. My finger is glued to it.


Hardly ever looking back but when I do, it is merely to see how far I have travelled, my eyes are steadfast on the path. My feet are carefully planted in the footprints of Spirit's. When I do falter, which is often enough, little time is spent berating myself. Usually I laughingly say to myself, "Claudette, you @$%& up there!"


If apologies are required, I quickly make them and move on.


Experience has taught me that the best days of life are the ones that are not paused for anything or anyone. What I have also learned is that others will almost always try to do just that - pause, rewind, stop you in an easy for them sequence.


They are not necessarily malicious nor are their intentions outright evil. People are self-focussed, looking out for Number One and that is not you. With their eyes fixed on their personal wants, needs and desires they just cannot see yours.


Some people have ill intentions for your life. The smile on their faces belies the fact that  there is a knife in their hand, poised to stab you in your back. They must pause and rewind but more so stop your moving forward.


What I have found is, if your life experiences were anything like mine (or 'worse'), there are people who will want to keep you there, caught in those memories, never moving forward without constantly reminding you of your past. Misery loves company, sufferers love group wailing. Like a broken record, they repeat your backstory, demanding to know who you think you are wanting to hit play? Who are you to want to leave the pity party?


Thank heavens for the digital age where there are no needles required to "play" the record of your life.


Play is always an option. In fact, it is the only option if your desire is to:
  1. Live in the integrity of who you really are
  2. Fulfill your dreams no matter how long you have had them on hold
  3. Step up and into the next phase of your development
  4. Simply be You

Those are my choices and here is what I do daily:
  • I seek audience with my heart each step of MY way
  • While I share openly, I decide privately
  • I change my mind about anything or regarding any relationship with the intention of finding what is in my best interest first and foremost, then what serves the highest good for all.
  • No one can pressure me, subtly or forcefully, to be or do what is against my better judgment. No one.
  • Love is always my choice - not of things but of myself and what is loving to others without bonding them or me.


The key to my happiness is pressing the play button on my life AND allowing others to do the same in their lives. Should both of us chose the same "song," we will dance together for as long as the track plays. When it is done, it is done.


You get to choose. Allow yourself to be paused, rewound or stopped by the multitude of opinionated people and detractors in your experience and continue living like an hamster spinning its wheels. You get nowhere.


Hit play and live your life, moving at the pace and in the direction of your own heart's calling. You might see me on the dance-floor if you do!


Need further support choosing? Join my mailing list, drop me a line or visit me on my page and let us go over the playlist together.


Namaste

Claudette

Did you read yesterday's essay on Shaming?


Some photos: pinterest.com


No comments:

Post a Comment