Thursday 16 April 2015

No, I Don't Trust You

Five letters spell one of the most difficult things to do after you have had it broken.

T.r.u.s.t.

Maya Angelou has a five word sentence that succinctly covers my thoughts on trust: "I got my own back."

There was a time not so long ago when I would be embarrassed and very hesitant to say that I have trust issues. Not anymore. Today, I have embraced the fact that I do not trust my fellow human beings.

Reading this, you might think that this woman needs a coach herself. Maybe I do but certainly not when it comes to trusting people.

At my age and with my faith misplaced more than 50 times 50 times in my lifetime, I have learned that trust is a responsibility and expectation that I can have only of what I call God.

After Source, I trust myself and that is where the buck stops.


Without rancour or bitterness, this revelation has saved me from having my heart broken, my hopes dashed, my illusions shattered and abandoning my dreams. I have released the people in my life, the strangers who might become friends and the friends who are my family from the responsibility of my happiness.

My only expectation of anyone is that they will bring out the best in me - either by challenging me by being a thorn in my proverbial side or loving me as I am yet to know.

Trust is between The Universe and I.

  1. Every night that I go to sleep, I trust that the sun will come up in the morning whether I am alive to see it or not.
  2. Every day that I arise, I trust that the blood will circulate through my veins without any special effort on my part.
  3. Every time, every second of every day, I trust that Earth will revolve on its axis without my having to give it a push start.

I trust the natural workings of Source. I give everyone else permission to be who they want to be even if it causes me grief, pain and suffering to observe. I trust that Source has their backs as well and all things must and will work out for good in the end.

That is why I do not cry anymore when a potential relationship does not "work out." Hence, I no longer have sleepless nights about my daughter's welfare.

Trusting only Source gives me relief in knowing that what is mine or for me will come. I prove this day in and day out; and you could too. Trust me. Just kidding.

You do not have to place your trust in me, any religious institution, politicians, or people. You can hear what they have to say, take what makes sense to you and request that they fulfill what they committed to do. However, my suggestion is to trust yourself and you alone with your happiness whether they come through or not.

Write to me if you would like to discuss some practical things that you can do to embrace your "trust issues." Reminder, these are simply tools that worked for me - not treatments. If you feel that your life has become more than you can bear and is physically and psychologically affecting your wellbeing, please consult a medical professional.

Otherwise, comment here and visit my coaching page and let us "draw long bench."

Have a great day.


No comments:

Post a Comment