Friday 7 March 2014

Row, Row, Row Your Boat...

"Perspective. It is all about perspective." 

Had reason to say that to a dear friend earlier this week. She was sharing a feeling that came over her as she dealt with a situation. In my wisdom, those words flowed from me to her and apparently they helped her re-focus.

As my headache crescendoed yesterday, perspective was one of the furthest things from my mind. 

The 'target' of my attention and I had gotten into it the previous night and drastic actions were taken by me, of course. Yours truly can be the right drama queen and given the proper stage, what a production it is!

By bedtime the headache was still lingering but my perspective was beginning to shift. That made the world of difference.

J, my love, had ignored me for the entire day. Seeing that he was not engaging with me any further, I valiantly pivoted away from the drama of the event to quiet surrender of what is and complete openness to "whatever comes."

Insomnia has been my companion for quite some time now, largely due to the time difference between him and I. Once sleep came last night, and it came fairly early, I slept until 4:00 this morning. The first thing I noticed was that the headache was gone.

The second thing I saw was that he had messaged me via another application. Drama queen had deleted him from the primary one in a huff and a puff. Silly, as both of us are into all the technological means of communication, so there are perhaps four other ways for him to contact me, not counting a simple telephone call.

Before responding, I declared to my room, lit only by the glow from my phone, "Today, I am going with the flow." 

#FlowFriday is what today was named and what a pleasure it has been. 

My boat was turned downstream and my girlfriend and my love have both joined me on the ride along this River of Life. Nothing and everything has changed, including my perspective. The control freak that I can be resigned after reading J's early morning message to me which was: "Are you settled now? You know I'll never stop loving you no matter how much you try to push me away, right?" 

I am taking my girlfriend's words to heart. After telling her that I am regarding a business matter as a window of opportunity, another issue contributing to my headache yesterday, she wrote to me on BBM:
"The opportunity is a double sided door. Why are you entering through the window. Swim on. The Ocean Is Large Enough To Hold YOUR dreams, Deep Enough To Absorb THE Depths Of Those Dreams AND Expansive Enough To Reach YOUR Audience." Clara Brown 
What would I do without such people, Clara, J., and others to give me a push down the river?

In which direction is your boat turned today? Need a gentle push? I know some people who will!

Do talk with me here, on Facebook or Twitter. More direct conversations may be had through my BBM Channel, Pin: C004D8ABD

Have a great ride downstream for the rest of the weekend at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment