Tuesday 4 March 2014

I Love Hard And Fiercely, But...

I love hard, passionately and fiercely.

That scares some people. It frightened the heck out of me too when the full extent of my loving became clear to me.

Friends, really close friends, understand the depth of my loving. They have experienced it. With them, the few that they are, I am safe.  It is the would-be lovers that I get into trouble with.

Many years had to pass and rivers of tears had to be cried for even me to get it. I love without borders. 

Several years ago, during a presentation, I told a group of men that sex is easy. With me, you have to stimulate my intellect before you stand a chance of a first date. Once we get beyond that and a person has entered my inner sanctuary, there is very little that I will not do for them and for us. Therein lies the problem.

Not many people understands unconditional, borderless loving. It is therefore hard for them to appreciate and nurture the giver. Fact is, it will be an "unbalanced" relationship - at least for some time until you both settle into a quid pro quo pattern or exchange of loving. That, however, requires buckets of patience and understanding.

Some relationships just will not last to this point. One person will begin to feel "under served," let us say. Couples or relationship counselling has helped some but for others it is a waste of time. Open communication has rescued many marriages but there has to be a willingness on both sides to "hear" what their partner is saying. Coupled with that, is the preparedness to accept your responsibility in how things have turned out.

If all reasonable attempts fail and in some cases it will, what next? 

In my own experience, I have walked away, cut my losses and moved on. After trying and failing terribly to save a 16 year relationship, that ability and belief in freedom came as a hard lesson.



My choice to love you. Your choice to stay or go. If I say that I love you, then I must be willing to let you go should that be your choice.

Many of you will not agree with me on that. I can live with that but can you live in an unhappy and unhealthy relationship for both of you, even if and especially if there are children involved?

Share your thoughts with me here, on Facebook or on Twitter. You can also talk with me through our BBM Channel - C004D8ABD

Have a blessed rest of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment