Wednesday 11 March 2015

Day 10: Let The Chips Fall Where They May

This journey of 50 years has given me many gifts. The one that has caused confusion for some but calmness to me is the gift of goodbye.

In a recent conversation with a potential suitor, I told him that my ability to walk away from just about anything and anyone, for that matter, is very high. It is an art that came to me years after almost losing my life and most definitely my mind at the end of a long term relationship.

My comment was at first received as a cold one but after explaining my understanding of unconditional loving, he got it.

That too came in the contrasts of the breakup. Had it not happened, had I not "lost" the most precious intimate relationship to me, I would not have understood what I do now.

Since that time, in every relationship, in every situation and in every encounter I give my all, expecting nothing in return but very grateful when anything is given.

Then, I allow the chips to fall where they may.

Despite what we might think, the only thing or person we control is ourselves and the choices we make. Being in relationship with anyone, getting the promotion, owning a business is no guarantee of lifelong happiness, success or wealth. What is within our power in any of these examples is our attitude, appreciation level and fortitude.

Fortunes, circumstances, emotions will change as the business, job or relationship evolve. Even you will change - the way you think, your attitude and your performance - for the better or worse.

As you write your story, the key to being able to rest peacefully at night, go to work without knots in your stomach, enjoying your relationship is loving and releasing everything and everyone; and doing your best in every given situation.

Then, let the chips fall where they may.

My firm belief is that we find what we look for and so for years now, every day that I arise one of my silent prayers is: "May I see and greet in Love in every encounter today. Where something other than Love shows up, let me be grateful for the reminder to wash my glasses."

As you go about this the 10th day of this Breaking Loose Challenge, be you, the best you in every instance and then allow the chips to fall where they may. Here is a great article that might help you. It outlines 13 things that mentally strong people do not do and that is who you are - a free and strong person.

Namaste.




No comments:

Post a Comment