Wednesday 27 August 2014

Four Reasons To Create Just Because Memories

There was a time in my life when if asked by someone that I am intimate with and supposedly in love, why I loved them, my response was “Just because.”

My intention was not to be cute or evasive. I simply could not say why my heart would skip a beat when they entered a room, heard their voice on the other end of the line after a stressful day at work or to sniff their ear (yes, I have a way of doing that – still do) and soak in their scent.

Yesterday’s post has set the pace with my quoting of lyrics. Writing on this “Just Because” Day, I cannot avoid quoting another song lyric – Just Because by one of my favourite songstresses Anita Baker:

When I think about how much I'm loving you

No limitations, no set of regimented rules

I'm amazed how much this love has touched my life

And the commitment that we share is a welcome sacrifice



This must be, sweet fatal attraction
My life-long date with destiny
Love this strong, it just brings out the passion
I never knew was here in me

I love you just because
I love you just because
Just because I do, my darlin'

Emotions more than words can help me say
I love you, baby, just because you're you
Just because you're you

You're a diamond in my mind. a treasure found
A precious gem to me. you're so nice to have around
I'm so glad I took the path that led to this
And it's amazin' loving you, I'm doin' things
I never thought I'd do

I don't know, there ain't no explanation
Of why I'm sharin' love at last this way
I won't try to work out all my reasons
I'II use these words to simply say

I love you just because
I love you just because
Just because I do, my darlin'
Emotions more than words can help me say
I love you, baby, just because you're you


Today’s post is not about romance but what better way to expound on this issue of being and doing who and what you are, loving who you want – Just Because?

Basically I am a risk taker. I will do just about anything at least once Just Because:
  1. I have never done it
  2. It seems interesting
  3. I am curious to experience it
  4. I never want to regret not doing what was calling me

Since I am never running for political office, and even if I was it matters not to me to state this, I tried pot – once in my life. Never did it again as it took my control away. I was laughing like a hyena and that is not my preferred profile. This was over 30 years ago and I have never even puffed the stuff again.

Relationships with people who would not normally cross my path, dishes that I have no idea what the ingredients are, communities described as ghettoes, online dating and, like tonight, going to a Meetup for Karaoke and wings with a group of people who I might never see again, these and many other situations I have done or been in – Just Because.

Now my belief is firmly rooted in doing what makes my heart sing! Love this quote by H. Jackson Brown, Jr:
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

What road are you taking, just because?


Share your road map with us here or on our Facebook page and have a great journey today!

No comments:

Post a Comment