Monday 5 January 2015

2015: Expansion Year - Time To Be CUTE

Towards the end of 2014, I shared a snippet from a conversation that I had with one of my closest DOS Sistahs.

Here is what I posted on December 23:

"I was chatting with one of my Sistahs last night and just before ringing off she said something that had me in stitches.

"My intention for 2015 Claudette is to be cute. My kids and I, we will just be cute!"

As I was hanging up, cackling, I thought carefully about what she said and why. We were musing about people in our lives, those who left because their opinion of us was vibrating on a lower level than our own, finances, travel plans and the relationships that were false starts.

"I'm going to be cute!"

Writing this, it came to me that she meant that instead of allowing any of this to drag her down, my friend was going to remain:
* Calm - as she knows her Source
*  Uniquely herself
*  True to that Self
*   Empowered


Dang! My Sistahs are so profound and CUTE!"

This conversation and the insight that I gained from it has really informed my way of being for 2015. It has had the most impact on my decisions as to my interpersonal and even intimate relationships.

Cuteness has and will continue to inform my professional life as well. I am like many of you in that I have a full time job, working for a not-for-profit organization. The difference between some of you and me might be in the fact that my employment allows me a very good work-life balance.

An important part of my life is what I do, using my formal training, professional and life experiences, is providing support and comfort to those who require it. Years ago, my qualifications to do this was questioned by a former intimate partner. Instead of allowing that to diminish me, my desire to serve and share my journey intensified.

So, throughout 2015, as they say in the land of my birth, Jamaica, my cuteness tun' up!

This is Expansion Year for you and for me and I invite you to hang out and be cute with me! Join me on the DOS Foundation page for topical, motivational and inspirational conversations and quotes. As well, bookmark and *Like* my professional, moonlighting page for practical tips and resources on how to be CUTE in 2015.

Namaste.


Claudette is the Founder of and Personal Coach at DOS Foundation, as well as the main Author and Editor this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment