Thursday 18 September 2014

Want Respect? Then Be It.

This will be a short post, reason being there is no sense in belabouring the points. They are self-explanatory.

Respect. What is respect and how do you get it?

Many believe that respect is something you get or earn. Watched a fellow on YouTube who feels that respect is taken.

All these views hold truth. It is also true that you get what you give. So, give respect and get respect. However, as I believe that your deepest intention, regardless of your words, determines what comes to you, if you are simply lip syncing "respect" but not behaving respectfully, then you cannot get it.

My view is this: You have to BE RESPECT to experience respect.

So, how do you "become" respect? Here are a few suggestions:

  1. Love yourself no matter what or where you are in life.
  2. Honour your truth, no matter what others think, say or do.
  3. Take care of #1 first - that is you.
  4. Do not "sacrifice" your dreams and aspirations for anyone else's

I am sure that some of you reading this think that I am pushing selfishness. Actually, I am not. What I have come to learn and know after many years of doing otherwise is that whatever I want to experience I must become.

Respect involves love, honour, taking care/nurturing and pursuit of happiness. You have to be a loving, honourable, caring and happy person for yourself to respect those qualities in others.

Try it. Start embodying respect in these ways. I promise you that once you do and stop talking about respect, significant changes will start occurring in your life and relationships.

Have a great rest of the evening and remember you can always comment here or on our Facebook page on any of the topics we cover.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment