Monday 15 September 2014

Last Chance To Get On Those Resolutions!

Claudette Esterine
In exactly three months from today, most of us will be making final plans for our Christmas holidays. Some would have already started shopping for their New Year's Eve ball outfit.

It has been several years now that I have attended any sort of celebratory event on December 31. The last many years have found me at home, alone, having a quiet night, probably sipping a glass of wine or hugging a mug of coffee as I contemplate my life and the dreams for the new year.

New Year's Eve 2013 found me in my home country of Jamaica and as much I wanted to be there, the night was spent in much the same fashion - alone and in contemplation.

Resolutions I do not make but intentions I do set. Earlier this year, I shared with you what my intentions were for 2014. In June, I posted a mid-year review. Now, three months and two weeks away from doing this exercise for 2015, my questions are:

  1. Did you set intentions for 2014?
  2. Where are you with them?
  3. If you had not, would you care to set some now?

My intentions for 2014 were specific in some areas yet broad in most. The overriding theme for me was experiencing a sense of wellbeing in all aspects of my life. I shared in a March post my exact Vision for the year. Since then, there have been expansion, evolution and enhancements in most areas. And there have been changes, particularly in those areas where my intention was seemingly less than my potential.

Image: pinterest.com
Standing at the last quarter of 2014, my thoughts are on the incompleted, those experiences that have not fully revealed themselves or fizzled. My questions do not include why because I understand why something might have come but did not remain. It was not for me or fully formed.

My 'task' now is to clarify those intentions - and I have - and allow them to come alive over the next few months or at least spring a bud.

What about you? What needs clarifying on your list of intentions? Are you willing to empty yourself of all the excuses, rationalizations and/or confusion to see them into being?

Share your 2014 intentional journey with us here or on our Facebook page and let us together end the year exactly how we want!

No comments:

Post a Comment