Thursday 18 December 2014

Filters: Do You Have Any?

Sometimes it takes only one word to launch you off into deep reflection. That word was "filter" for me yesterday. My boss, who had returned to work after being away for over a week on personal matters, used it.

I was updating her on the state of affairs in my department and happened to mention the experience of death that I was still working my way through. She was shocked that I had not told her before she left that this was going on in my life.

Her words were that she respected me and my ability to filter my emotions and do what needs to be done for myself and even for the organization. She compared this to the inability of others to make decisions using such filters; instead responding to every emotional cue others throw at them.

Whether my actions were commendable is not the point. What is, are filters. Are you able to set aside emotions long enough to make a decision for your life and how you will or will not participate in other people's circuses?

Let's look at that today as we continue to #PrepareFor2015. Join me on our Facebook page to explore this topic and share your thoughts.

Have a great day!

Photo source: pinterest.com

No comments:

Post a Comment