Wednesday 5 November 2014

See The Hypocrite Them...

My friends – not Facebook friends necessarily but those who know me outside of the social medium - they know that I am a straight talker. They also know that when I go silent one of two things or both is happening:
  1. I am in a silent retreat, reflecting, listening and sorting my next step
  2. I am p***** off and prefer not to speak.

Normally and ninety five percent of the times, I will tell you exactly how I am feeling. I am a talker and will not go to my bed without ‘sharing’ my feelings. I laugh as I recall how annoyed a former long-term, live-in partner was after my need to talk escalated during my chaplaincy training!

Hypocrisy is not my modus operandi.

When a situation calls for diplomacy – my vocabulary is wide and deep enough to find the words to express myself in a manner appropriate to said situation. Other times my vernacular sinks to the gutter – forgive me, I worked in the federal correctional system – and I can swear like any sailor.

As I numerically mature, silence is fast becoming my preferred option.

Several attempts will be made to communicate to a person how I feel. Depending on who it is and how much I care for them – I will fervently pray that they get it the first time. However, there are those who are so caught up with their own self-importance that they cannot imagine that you would feel other than they do. 

In those cases, silence is my weapon of choice.

Are you a hypocrite in any way shape or form? Do you say one thing and do another? Are you a bible thumper on Sundays for instance but a fornicator Monday through Saturday? Do you not eat meat but love its gravy?

Maybe I ought not to say this but I am just a plain “sinner” and unashamed of it. I live MY life according to my and the Spirit that guides me rules. End of. Took me years to come to this but am I ever glad that I did! So I hardly have need to be hypocritical with others and worse yet with myself. 

What about you?

Share your thoughts about on this or any of the other topics on this blog here or on our Facebook page. Enjoy the rest of your evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment